Workshops - Balancing Emotions
Building A Child’s Self-Worth: Real U Peer-to-Peer Training
Presented by Wade Bergner and Isabella Lambauer
A sense of self-worth is critical for the healthy development of all children. Help your child build a solid personal foundation through movement, imagination, and activities that instill self-worth, resilience, and creativity.
This session will dive deep into why creating a daily routine for children will have a profound impact on their life. With regular practice, children become properly equipped to navigate life’s ups and downs.
Join Isabella and Wade, along with 11-year-old trainer Danica, as they explain how MindFUNness can teach children ages 4-10 how to embrace their emotions and build self-worth.
Attendees in this workshop will:
- Teach you fun and interactive ways to build your child’s sense of self
- Provide you with convenient and effective tools to teach MindFUNness
- Help you gain strategies to elevate a child’s self-worth
Social and Emotional Learning in the Home: Turn Stressful Moments into Meaningful Ones and Increase Your Family’s EQ
Presented by Fallyn Smith
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. SEL provides a solid foundation for positive, long-term effects on kids, adults, and communities.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basics of Social & Emotional Learning, and why it’s so important to the overall health and success of your child
- How the brain works in different (yet similar!) ways for children and adults
- How to understand your own triggers so you can support your child during difficult emotional experiences
- The importance of talking about feelings with your children, and how to do it in a way that makes everyone feel comfortable and safe
- How gratitude practices can have a powerful impact on both you and your child
- Techniques to help your child calm down when experiencing a strong emotion
- Ways to develop your child’s Growth Mindset to build resilience and grit
Empowered Girls: What Parents Can Do to Raise a Confident, Resilient Daughter
Presented by Angie Collins
Pop culture has finally started sending our daughters messages about how girls run the world, and girls can accomplish anything. So why aren’t our girls the confident, resilient individuals they should be? Why are girls statistically more likely to show signs of depression or to struggle emotionally and less likely to pursue careers in STEM areas?
In this workshop you will walk away with:
- Concrete steps to to help your daughter cope with the academic stress of school, social pressures from peers, constant flow of social media, and general feelings of anxiety and overwhelm
- Effective ways to support your daughter, while letting her grow and navigate the world on her own
Parenting your Anxious Child
Presented by Erin Taylor
Do tummy aches and worry “rule” your child’s life? Is it hard to get your child off to school in the morning? If so, your child might be suffering from anxiety, which often seems to be an unwelcome guest in your home.
The way you feel and experience anxiety as an adult, is not always the way that anxiety manifests itself in children. Having a better understanding of your child’s anxiety can make all the difference in how you both process and handle it when tensions are riding high.
Attendees at this session will learn:
- What anxiety is, and where it comes from
- How it shows up physically, emotionally and behaviorally
- Strategies to help your child manage their anxiety, as well as your own